None of the provided assemblies can be loaded in the Visual Studio Toolbox

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Hi

I was using the HtmlRenderer v1.4.11.0, and now I've tried to update to the last version 1.5.0.6.

The first disgusting problem I found is that I was unable to load the winforms dll into the Visual Studio Toolbox to reference the user-controls, none of the provided dlls can be loaded inside the toolbox by dragging the file inside.

More than that, I found that they can be manually loaded by using the internal toolbox item manager (right click in a category tab > Choose items...) but then, when I try to drag the loaded component into a form, an exception occurs.

If your assemblies still contains components, then why are not loaded when dragging the dll files inside the component toolbox in Visual Studio like any other dll containing a component?.

What happened since v1.4.11.0? why your user-controls can't be loaded as normally? CAN'T USE THEM so just can't build an user-interface with your user-controls (at design time I mean).

I've tested it in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate, with v1.5.0.5 happens exactlly the same.
Mar 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM
I found the problem.

Now the user-control is distributed with one dll dependency, so to be able to load the winforms components the "core" dll should exists in the same directory.

So please put a readme.txt to make things clear with the deployment structure because is totally unclear, what is the purpose of the PdfSharp assembly for example in the context of the Html Renderer control?. Totally unclear, it makes people confussing like I did.

Thanks for read