Debugging Generated PDFs

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2015 at 10:46 PM
How should one go about debugging PDF errors?

When I open the PDF I get "an error exists on this page, Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem"

I know what part of HTML is causing the issue (by removing chunks until it rendered), but I don't know WHY. The HTML is totally valid.
    <table width="100%">
        <tr>
            <td>  
                BUYER: <br />
                Buyers Name Here<br />
                Buyers Address Here<br />
                City, State ZIP
            </td>
            <td>
                SELLER:<br />
                Sellers Name Here<br />
                Sellers Address Here<br />
                City<span>, </span>State<span>&nbsp;</span>ZIP<br /><br />
            </td>
        </tr> 
    </table>
When I remove this table from the rest of the document, the PDF renders fine.

How do I debug these errors?

Edit:
Through some more random thrashing around, I found the issue is caused by having a table cell that goes to more than one line. So, if I remove the <br /> tags, it works fine... I can replicate it using <p> and <div> tags within the cells as well. Still need to know if there is a good way to debug this sort of stuff
Jun 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM
Yes! that exatly the problem i having.
It manifests only when generating the PDF.
In the viewer it looks fine.

It just refuses to work :(
Jun 6, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Chagui wrote:
Yes! that exatly the problem i having.
It manifests only when generating the PDF.
In the viewer it looks fine.

It just refuses to work :(
Nevermind, it worked with the latest version from github.